Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Who will you lift up today?

"At the end of the day it's not about what you have or even what you've accomplished...it's about who you've lifted up, who you've made better.  It's about what you've given back." - Denzel Washington

The best part about my job is my ability to impact a student.  Since I attended ECET2Lou I have had this overwhelming desire to lift my students to new heights.  Not just academically but I sincerely want to offer my students abilities to give back to their community and become "good" people.  So many times I get caught up in my personal life and I forget that my students need me too.  They need more than just a person to teach them the things they need to know to pass a class.  They need a person who can teach them how to pass LIFE!

One of the things that I have started at school is a Chorus Club.  Kids love to sing and I'm here to tell ya that my students sound like a group of angels.  If by giving 1 hour of my personal time can create joy in my students life I have done my job. 

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Next year I plan to start a RAK (Random acts of Kindness) Club.  This club will meet weekly and plan an activity for each month.  Some of the ideas I have are bringing Red Hot candies to the Fire Station and making Hero Posters for them, bringing flower arrangements to a retirement home and picking up the local park of trash and litter. 

My goal is that by demonstrating how good it feels to give to others the students will continue with these types of actions as they grow into adults. 

I challenge you to find a way to LIFT your students to new heights!

If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion.  For your passion will lead you directly to your purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment